St. John’s G.A.C. was founded in 1929 by three men (Joe Corscadden, Nicky Power and Pat Hayes) outside the Rock Bar on the Upper Falls Road in Belfast, after the opening service in the new St. John The Evangelist Church.
The colours played in are a royal blue jersey with white band and trim, plain white shorts and blue and white hooped socks.
The crest of the club is shown below and depicts an eagle on two crossed hurls with a football under. The eagle in our crest is representative of our patron, St. John the Evangelist – he is represented as an eagle in the book of Kells and the stained glass widow which used to be behind the high altar in the old church, and which is now in the porch in the current church, depicts an eagle in flight. The crest also has a banner including the club name, city based in along with the date the club was established.
The crest is currently being copyrighted so it can be used only when official has been given by the club committee.